Thursday, September 17, 2015

Milo Hamilton (1927-2015)

Legendary baseball broadcaster Milo Hamilton passed away today, at the age of 88.








Milo's signature call came on the radio on April 8, 1974, when Atlanta Braves slugger Hank Aaron hit his 715th career home run, passing  Babe Ruth.













Milo Hamilton was a marvelous broadcaster... I remember him from the early 1980s doing Chicago Cubs games, and, as a member of the Houston Astros broadcasting team since 1985.











It seems as many of the great broadcasters of my youth are slowly fading away, passing to that great booth in baseball heaven.


At age 55, sometimes I forget that these great baseball story tellers were already in their 30s or 40s when I started listening to them call ballgames on the radio and television.



My thoughts and  prayers are going out to Milo and his family tonight.



May God Bless Milo and his family.




PLAY BALL!











No comments:

Post a Comment